Friday, February 20, 2009

Wooden Wineglass















I recently posted these two wooden wineglasses made from Oregon Myrtlewood on my esty shop.

These wineglasses were made from the same piece of wood, but since everything that I turn is hand crafted they are slightly different.

They both have what I call a "Flame" figure of the heart wood on one side of the glass. Since the grain does not run completely true throughout the piece of wood, it will vary in size as it emerges once the piece is turned. Again this makes each piece unique.

I am fond of saying that you never know what a piece of myrtlewood will turn out as until your are finished.
I am always willing to turn custom pieces. If you are interested contact me at my email or through my etsy store
Thanks for looking.
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment